Sunday, 17 June 2012

Cooking Time #7

It's Sunday again, so it's time to share what I've cooked the past week. After taking recipes from Just Bento for the past two weeks, I decided that it's time to use one of the cookbooks that I brought with me. So, the first dish that I made was Soboro (the pork part of the soboro bento anyway):


It was surprisingly easy to make and it's nice to eat :D

And now, for the part that will probably shock my family and friends - I bought and cooked (and obviously ate) a vegetable. Specifically, eggplant.

And I cooked quite a lot! Two boxes full!
I actually have to thank Stella for this. She got me to try hers, and I liked it so much I asked her to teach me how to buy and cook it. It's basically eggplant friend with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sugar. But it kinda reminds me of mushrooms and there's no vegetable flavour at all! (^_^)v

2 comments :

  1. It looks great!!

    I am not good at cooking.(>_<)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Haha, I'm not that good at cooking either(: In fact, I didn't know how to cook before I came to Japan :p

      ^_^

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.