Saturday, 26 January 2013

卒業論文 (Graduation Essays) Part I

As you may know, I'm in my last semester at language school! Which means I have two graduation essays to write, and this is frankly scaring me, since I don't think my Japanese is good enough.

(Side note: to my juniors, you may thing it's ok to skip classes now that all the university stuff is done, but remember, you have to have at least an 80% attendance or you don't graduate. And if you don't graduate, you can't go on to university.)

But anyway, I have two essays - a general one for Japanese class, and one for Politics and Economics class. That and a presentation to do.

You may know this, but for my Politics and Economics essay, I'm analysing this awesome book called Silence:


The topic is: 遠藤周作の沈黙にある集団意識と拒絶(Group Conciousness and Betrayal in Endo Shusaku's Silence)

I love it and all, but it's really hard to understand. Which led to an ironical realisation that although I'm writing in Japanese, about a Japanese novel, half my secondary sources are in English.

At least I've finally worked out the structure of my essay and finished a third of the presentation on the progress of the essay.

For my other essay, my topic is "中小企業とソーシャルメディアマーケティングによるマーケティング効果"(Effectiveness of Social Media Marketing for SME owners), and my biggest problem is finding SME owners to interview.

If you're an SME owner, would you mind a short email interview with me?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.