Monday, 11 February 2013

Quick Update (On School, Housing, Etc)

Guess what? I just came back from Fukuoka today! I went there for a two day trip to find an apartment for April, and.... I found one! It's not the one I wanted at first, but I've seen the place and I love it! Now, I just have to wait for the confirmation from Kyushu(;

Unfortunately, I was so focused on apartment hunting (then crashing in the youth hostel), that I didn't take any photos, except that of the apartment. Then again, I haven't found much inspiration lately, perhaps the stress is blocking it out.

BUT, I did take a picture of the delicious ramen I ate. If you don't know yet, Fukuoka is famous for Ramen (there's even a Ramen Stadium):



Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get much done today. My flight was delayed on hour due to technical difficulties, and my plans got thrown off >.<. Well, I suppose turbulence would be an interesting experience, if I wasn't looking at the wing shaking and wondering if that was the technical difficulty part. That's what happens to me if I say, wake at 3 am one day and 5 am the next.

Apart from that, well, exams start next week, so I'll be gearing up the whole studying to meet it head on. I want to graduate with good results. But kohai's, no fear, I will try to answer your questions by Friday, so please, keep on asking. I've gotten some really good questions from Gergo (congrats on going to Osaka by the way!), so please, keep asking so I can matome (consolidate) all the questions and answer it in one nice long post.

Oh, and also for those contributing to An Excuse For Company, I will get it done before the end of February too, so you have plenty of time to promote your posts. If I manage my time well, (by sleeping less, and uh, I suppose I could cut down on, gulp, reading) I should be able to finish it in time.

5 comments :

  1. Hi eustacia, mi name is evan, i have some questions about the mext scholarship, ¿can you help me?. 1. I'm a technician (technician senior) in business administration, ¿can i apply to the scholarship if i finished my career or the scholarship is only for high school students?. I'm 19 years old I'll end my technical senior in administration this year and i wanna apply to the mext scholarship, but in the requirements of the embassy say: "secondary education" or 12 years of formal secondary. nothing about senior technicians (3 years college). I couldn't apply?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that there's an age limit for the undergraduate scholarship, but to be on the safe side, you should check with the embassy. I'm not sure what a technician means, so I'm afraid I can't help.

      All the best!

      ^_^

      Delete
  2. Thank you Eustacia, well, a technical is a degree in college studies, mmm like a half undergraduate.
    I don't know how to explain it in english.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am an undergraduate grantee of the Japanese sponsorship from Uganda and I will be landing in japan in april (1-5). I was assigned to Osaka university (CJLC i guess) for the preparatory year. may u help me answer some of these questions.
    1. How much does one need to just survive the first month without scholarship income?
    2. Whats the average cost of monthly rent in the hostels and are the rooms shared or individual?
    3. Is there a service where one might pay for meals on a monthly basis or u simply jst have to cook besides eating in restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on going to Osaka! I'm not very familiar with what's going on over there (do you have any seniors there you can ask?), but please look at this post, I tried to answer your questions there: http://nihonjinjanai.blogspot.jp/2013/02/frequently-asked-questions.html

      ^_^

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.